Sunday, February 3, 2008

Do you ever feel like you have SO much to say, and yet, you have no idea where to begin? Welcome to my blog! I'm sure with a little bit of practice I'll ease into this with a little more self confidence. I am a stay at home mama and married to the most wonderful, infuriating, hilarious man in all the world. We'll call him A. He has truly changed my life..... you'll get to know more about all of that later....another blog for another day. ANYWAY, I've always worked. Since the day I turned 16 and was able to get that job at McDonald's. So this stay at home mom and be domestic thing has really turned my life upside down. I remember in the years past when that alarm would sound in the early morning hours all I could think was that someday, some way, I was never going to have to work again. God has a great sense of humor don't ya think? 10 months ago I gave birth to the sweetest, most darling little guy ever. I had planned to take some time off work and spend with him and then return to being a preschool teacher. While on maternity leave I did the best I could to keep the house clean, have dinner on the table when A got home, keep up with the laundry....all that domestic stuff that everyone knows I am horrible at! I've always tried, but lets just face it, why cook a meal when we can go for take out right? Not to mention, why organize when I can simply stick it in a closet ( and never under the bed, right?). That's just who I am. Take me or leave me. Needless to say, when it came time to return to work A realized that all my new found domesticity(thats a word, really...) was going to have to go on the back burner and he would have to help out again. Thats when we made the decision that I would quit my job. My dreams came true.......oh, how naive I was. I pictured days of watching tv, sleeping in, going anywhere I wanted. Then I heard the little guy crying. My endless days of laziness are to be no more....at least until he is big enough to entertain himself for a few minutes. Teasing! Anyway, all of this was to bring you up to where I am now. I can't wait to share with you the joys and trials that await me in this crazy life. The important thing is that I am enjoying every minute of.....and now I get to share it with you!

No comments: